[Courses] course request: intro to BIND

John Stoneham lyric.courses at lyrically.net
Tue Jun 8 18:29:49 EST 2004

I'm still working on coming up with a course I can teach myself so as to give
back to the community a bit, but since I'm sure there is someone out there
who knows this stuff, and the How-Tos don't seem to work properly for me,
might I suggest someone teach a course on introductory BIND setup?

What I am hoping to learn how to do is:

a) to set up a caching nameserver for use by my internal network, where I can
override the response given to certain hostnames; e.g. "use the parent DNS
server for all queries except for a.b.c, for which you should serve up
address 172.168.x.x instead of the otherwise world-visible address x.y.z.q."

b) to host my domain DNS, complete with subdomains.

Does anyone have this kind of expertise?

(Now, to come up with a course -I- can teach... I think perhaps 'Introduction
to Unit Testing Your Software' might be the way to go. JUnit, CppUnit...
yeah. That might work.)

- John