[Courses] Course idea/request (a third one)

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Fri Feb 20 19:27:45 EST 2004

On Friday 20 February 2004 09:54, Marleen Garcia wrote:
> mail  (= mailhandling & filtering
>
>             procmail,
>             creating a complicated, decent (working), procmailrc,
>             -! procmailsc (scoring of mail),
>                   ('man procmailsc' - 2 examples of scoring given,
>                   but I think I felt my brain bounce around in my
>                   head, saying, 'No, not this, get me out of here
>                   now! The pain. The torture. Cannot make sense of
>                   this! Well, maybe it's just me :-)

As an alternative to procmail there is courier-maildrop. My maildrop filter
for this list reads:

# LinuxChix-Courses
if ( /^List-Post:.*courses at linuxchix\.org/:h )
{
    to $DEFAULT/.Lists.LinuxChix-Courses/
}

which at least doesn't make my eyes hurt in the way that all the procmail
configs I have seen do.

Then again, many people swear by procmail, so I guess it is a matter of
personal preference.

Cheers,

Rasjid.

--