[Courses] [FS] Filesystem Hierarchy Standard

Katie Bechtold katie at katie-and-rob.org
Mon Jul 7 12:48:09 EST 2003

I just wanted to share this document I found, called the Filesystem
Hierarchy Standard:
	http://www.pathname.com/fhs/2.2/

While its purpose is to serve as a standard (it's referenced by the
Linux Standard Base at
http://www.linuxbase.org/spec/refspecs/LSB_1.3.0/gLSB/gLSB/execenvfhs.html),
it's also good for people who are just curious what a particular
directory tree (say, /opt) is for.

Disclaimer: I don't mean to discourage discussion about the
filesystem hierarchy or suggest, "Here's the f***ing manual, just go
read it." :)

--
Katie Bechtold         http://katie-and-rob.org/

air, n.:
	A nutritious substance supplied by a bountiful Providence for the
	fattening of the poor.