[Courses] [Newchix] [FS] UNIX Filesystem course

Kris Rudin xterragrrl at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 1 15:40:09 EST 2003

Hello!

My name is Kris, and I'm a linux newbie. ("Hi, Kris"!)

I have a BA and MS in computer science, taught CS at the university for 7
years, and have been a professional software developer for 6 years. My dev
experience is totally Windows. I have a wee bit of experience in Unix, from
grad school. But I need a lot more knowledge as I move into the Linux arena.

I am getting into Linux for two reasons:
1. I am taking a course called "Information Warfare" (about hacking,
basically), which is 99% linux-based.
2. I am the director of the Pacific NW Region of the ACM Intercollegiate
Programming Contest, which moved to Linux last year - so I really should
know how to program on it! :-)

Looking forward to the class!

Kris