[Courses] [C Programming] Anyone still here?

Charlotte Oliver charlotte.oliver at rcn.com
Fri May 24 09:39:54 EST 2002

It sounds like maybe we should start the timeline for the
course over again, perhaps with a more lenient schedule?

It sounds like Chapters 5 and 6, where we start getting
into all the different variable types, arrays and strings
seems to be where people are getting a little frustarted
and confused.

I know that it's the point where my head starts swimming.
Maybe one of the instructor types could provide some
guidance on the various types of variables and when to
use them?  Where the book fails in explanation here is
in practicality.  When do I have to worry about a long
int vs an unsigned long int, etc.?  I know the basic
rules, but when do I have to worry about applying them
in real life?

As for timeline..it's the summer again, but why don't
we restart with requiring two chapters every three weeks?

For those that are just joining in, the book is "Practical
C Programming," published by O'Reilly and authored by
Steve Ouilline <sp?>.

Charlotte