[Courses] Web Database Security (was Re: knock knock?)

Dave North dave at timocharis.com
Wed May 1 18:22:05 EST 2002

Kai:
> Any ideas? What would be the most secure, and yet most convenient, way to
> do this?

It would be way beyond me to suggest "most secure," as I'd have no idea.
But I do know you could put access to your database in a subdirectory of
the http root, then allow access only to a limited group. Perhaps the
easiest "selection agent" would be IP address, if that's granular enough.
Use both that and machine name, and you'd be getting pretty tight.