[Courses] [Security] knock knock?

Raven, corporate courtesan raven at oneeyedcrow.net
Wed May 1 18:52:06 EST 2002

Heya --

Quoth Hamster (Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 12:04:36AM +0200):
> Its been really quiet lately, and I'd love to get back into the swing of things.

	Sorry -- I had server problems.  A power surge hit my beloved
oneeyedcrow.net box, and root filesystem corruption ensued.  Thanks to
some wise offline advice from some of our listmembers, it's back up
again and shinier than ever.  Minimal loss of data, even, and I learned
a lot about file recovery.

> I do however appreciate that Raven and others on this list might be busy at the moment.

	I'm back, though.

> So if its not a bad time, could I possibly kick things off again by trying the firewalling exercise that Raven set a bit ago, only this time have a go writing the rules with iptables?

	That sounds great -- have at it, and I'll come up with another
scenario for us to pit our collective wits against too.  (Tomorrow -- I
have nearly 500 messages to wade through to catch up.)

Cheers,
Raven

"You found the Amulet of Yendor!"