[Courses] [courses][python} - Aynschronous Socket Programming usi ng Medusa

Anand R anand.r at cybertech.co.in
Wed Jul 31 16:26:24 EST 2002

Hi Team,

		Some stuff, you may find useful. I am no geek in this. But
wanted to share it with all you guys.

Sue: I was really excited to see this and wanted to share it with the group.
Would you be covering socket programming too as part of this course?? Wow,
Sockets in python would be real cool, I guess :-)

Thanks,
Andy

Medusa is an architecture for building long-running, high-performance
network servers in Python.

Medusa is in use now in several mission-critical applications, ranging from
custom web servers at extremely high-traffic sites to distributed data
processing systems.

It is an elegant and efficient solution to a difficult programming problem.
Medusa's core async-socket library is very stable; it has been in use
virtually unchanged since 1995. [It's also part of the Python Library as of
Python-1.5.2, see asyncore.py and asynchat.py]

http://www.nightmare.com/medusa/

A HOWTO for socket programming in Python

http://www.nightmare.com/pythonwin/async_sockets.html

Some real cool stuff you can do with Medusa is available here

http://www.nightmare.com/medusa/programming.html