[Courses] The Python course

iriXx m at iriXx.org
Sat Jul 20 20:43:34 EST 2002

hey, no worries... i havent been all that well myself (depression).. i
understand what its like to have a chronic condition... and how frustrating
it is when you just dont have the energy to fix things... and the bl**dy
computer always chooses just that moment to go wrong... :-///....
hope you are feeling a bit better now... just take it easy... just speaking
for myself im in no huge hurry, i'll probably need a bit of time to work
through each bit of the course, so lapses in activity are no probs for me....

take care

miriam

On Saturday 20 July 2002 07:25, Sue Stones wrote:
> I am very sorry for teh lapse in acttivity in the Python course.  There
> have been a number of reasons for this.
>
> Firstly I have been concerned about a number of people who had shown
> interest early and who didn't follow up the anouncement by loining the
> course.  I think that the reason for this was that some people didn't get
> the anounce message as it was sent at the time when there was a DNS
> problem.  Others told me that they didn't understand how to sign up for the
> course.
>
> Secondly I have been quite ill for a number of weeks, and attempted to
> address the above issues but havn't got very far.  (I have ME/CFS.)
>
> Thirdly I had a computer problem and lost everything on both my hard dics,
> twice.  ANd given my state of health I have found it hard to get over this
> obstacle, especially when I lost things for the second time.  (No things
> weren't backed up - I have be ho[ping to be able to afford a Cd writer for
> some time now).
>
> BUT i will get onto it this weekend.  I would like to send out annother
> anouncement to give others a chance to join us.  Especially those who
> havn't done any programming before and who will find it a big obstacle to
> catch up.
>
> I am sorry for the delay and I hope that you are not too discouraged by it.
>
> Sue
>
> On Sat, 20 Jul 2002 11:33, Mary wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 11:03:23AM +1000, Jenn Vesperman wrote:
> > > I'm not sure who was going to start it - but feel free to kick it off
> > > yourself. :)
> >
> > Sue Stones started it here:
> > http://mailman.linuxchix.org/pipermail/courses/2002-July/000535.html
> >
> > -Mary.

- --
iriXx
www.iriXx.org

copyleft: creativity, technology and freedom?
info at copyleftmedia.org.uk
www.copyleftmedia.org.uk

 _
( )  ascii ribbon against html email