[Courses] [C] Next C topic: Your Choice

Sophie sophie at cats.meow.at
Fri Jul 19 10:47:40 EST 2002

On Thu, Jul/18/02 08:09:10PM -0500, Julie wrote:
> Sophie wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Jul/18/02 10:49:18AM +1000, Mary wrote:
> > > What do you want the next C topic to be?
> >
> > Data structures
>
> How bizarre do you want them to get? ;-)

Humm... I'm not sure how familiar the other people on this list are already, and I'm certinaly no teacher; I have a tendancy to get things in a confusing order if somone asks me to explain something :)

It just occured to me that you could intend to teach C itself, or how to apply C. I'm not certian which will be done (either way, I'm intrested. I need to brush up my C *and* learn more CS :)

C itself:
I dont know; I have a reasnobally good grasp of C already, but as I said, no idea how other people feel. Probbaly things like arrays, pointers, structs, qeues...

Applying C:
Maybe quickly running through fundamental stuff to make sure nobody gets lost, before moving onto more CSish theory (sane linked list implementations, digraphs, trees etc? *insert things I havent heard of*)

Well that's what I'm intrested in. I can't speak on behalf of anybody else *grin*

- sophie