[Courses] [C] Next C topic: Your Choice

Cynthia Grossen cgrossen at lans.mha.org
Thu Jul 18 12:27:32 EST 2002

I just wanted to let you know that I've been enjoying the C courses too. I
also appreciate the slow pace as I am only doing this in my *copious* spare
time. Mostly I enjoy reading these threads more than anything else though.

As far as another topic goes, I'd enjoy seeing a program with a flaw to look
for. I learned a lot from that particular thread. Likewise I'm always game
to learn some of the finer points of pointers. As well as structures and how
to use them. Or perhaps some of the system calls that return data into a
structure. Those are often interesting both due to the system call itself
and the structure utilization (creation, extracting data from structure,
putting data in...)

If no one else finds any of those topics interesting. I'm also interested in
learning more about registers. Basically what's a practical example of
register use? I've used registers in assembly programming before but never
in C.

Are there any useful programs we can write to do things on our systems at
home? Maybe a program that would perform some onerous system task that
usually requires a bunch of commands. I vaguely remember writing C prgs at
school that would report memory usage and things of that ilk about my
computer.

.cyn.

Message: 2