[Courses] Typos

Akkana akkana at shallowsky.com
Wed Jan 23 16:19:18 EST 2002

Mary Gardiner writes:
> > Raven (spent fifteen minutes looking for a typo)
>
> Lucky you, missing braces have sometimes taken me hours.
>
> Lessons learned:
>  * indent code consistently.
>  * keep functions fairly short, so you can see where they start and end.

* Use an editor that does syntax-sensitive auto-indent.
I've lost track of the times I found out about a missing brace or
semicolon because I hit return in emacs and the cursor didn't end up
where I expected it ...  (It still sometimes takes a while to find,
but at least it's more likely to be fifteen minutes than two hours.)

	...Akkana