[Courses] missing out on irc

Kristina Jareckaite kristi at panevezys.com
Wed Jan 16 04:16:58 EST 2002

> I think Dalnet has a system whereby they save and archive useful chat
> sessions in their help channel.  I would be a lot of work for someone,
> but might be a way around the problem?

It's possible to compile an Eggdrop on any server and let it hang on the IRC
channel, and make a note in a eggdrop's config file that it logged only the
chat on that particular channel. But anyway not all the servers (or to be
more precise, not all the undernets) allow using bots... Though I've set up
several eggdrops myself once and they still are ok.

In my opinion it's a good choice to keep logs on the Net, the only drawback I
think is that it will make much reading for those who don't "sit" on IRC --
because writing a mail you usually give the question/ the answer in a
separate paragraph, and on IRC people tent to mix up several topics
together... well just a humble thought.

 - Kristi -