[Courses] Well, shall we?

Charlotte Oliver charlotte.oliver at rcn.com
Tue Jan 15 14:46:08 EST 2002

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 01:36:56PM -0500, Michelle Murrain wrote:
> First question - how will we do this? Should we stick to e-mail, or think
> about IRC/Chat sessions as well?

While IRC is a good idea, wouldn't the timing be a bit difficult as we
are presumably from several countries and therefore from some fairly
varying time zones?

> Kernighan&Richie
> Practical C programming (O'Reilly)
>  A Book on C by Al Kelley and Ira Pohl.
> C, A Reference Manual
> Expert C Programming Deep C Secrets Author Peter Van Der Linden
> The Pragmatic Programmer Author Andrew Hunt and David Thomas
> Dietel and Dietel

Anything gearing to C in an Unix environment with a tone towards
the beginning programmer would probably be ideal for a lot of the
people learning here.

Just some thoughts. :)

Charlotte