[Courses] How's it going?

Raven, corporate courtesan raven at oneeyedcrow.net
Sat Feb 2 02:38:33 EST 2002

Heya --

Quoth Xp0nential Xp0nential (Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 08:13:06AM -0800):
> contrary to the popular belief that the name of an array is always a pointer to its first element.

	I don't think we have arrays or pointers yet, but I'll save the
mail for when we do.

> the true statement is the name of the array "decays" to a pointer of its first element except in 3 cases:
> one of them being the sizeof operator

	Decays?  What's that?  And what are the other two cases?  (Not
that it will make any sense until we have arrays and pointers, but it's
good to know.)

Cheers,
Raven

"I'm not good at running.  But I can yell really loudly.  That works too."
  -- Paul, on pursuit