[Courses] [C] Created a dynmic memory tutorial

Jenn Vesperman jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au
Sun Dec 22 23:53:44 EST 2002

On Sun, 2002-12-22 at 20:01, Morgon Kanter wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Seeing as how our current lesson is on advanced pointers and includes dynamic
> memory allocation and linked lists, I went ahead and made a tutorial on them
> both.
> You can get it using wget or your browser or whatever from:
> http://www.surgo.net/dyn_mem.tar.gz
>
> Please let me know what you think, as if you like it, it (like the last one)
> will be going into the LinuxChix C Tutorial. Also let me know if something
> should be changed :)

And if anyone finds anything confusing, there are several others who can
provide additional explanation. Ask!
Those of us who are professional programmers usually don't intrude
because you're providing each other with accurate answers. If you do
have a problem that none of you course-students can work out, repost the
question with 'Repeat question' in the subject line, to catch our
attention.
I always make more of an effort to answer a repeat question than a
first-pass, both here and in techtalk.

Linked lists are one of the things I can do in my sleep (well, maybe
not). Dynamic memory allocation I need to look up the syntax for, but
understand.

Jenn V.
 My book 'Essential CVS' will be published by O'Reilly in 2003.
jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au     http://anthill.echidna.id.au/~jenn/