[Courses] Big attachment

Michelle Murrain tech at murrain.net
Thu Aug 15 17:02:16 EST 2002

At 1:03 PM -0400 8/15/02, Terri Oda wrote:
>  > pleeeeaaaase would it be possible not to have this size of attachment ? ;(
>>  there are still people who have a pay-per-duration connection...
>>with a 56Ko modem.......
>>  I don't think it would be much effort for people interested in the
>>document you describe to click on a weblink.....
>
>Let me "me too" here on behalf of the people whose disk quotas were filled
>as a result, or who couldn't even receive the digest because it was so
>large!  If I have time this afternoon, I might go around enabling some
>subscriptions which were disabled as a result.

This was my bad, and I apologize greatly. The message was actually
stopped, because the poster was not subscribed at the address they
send the mail from (not because the attachment was so big). I looked
it over briefly, but didn't notice the huge attachment.

(I guess Mailman ranks their reasons for holding mail, and
non-subscriber is higher than the limit set on message size. So that
when I approved the message to go through, it didn't flag it that it
was so big. Live and learn)

--
.Michelle

Michelle Murrain, Technology Consulting
tech at murrain.net     http://www.murrain.net
413-253-2874 ph
413-222-6350 cell
413-825-0288 fax
AIM:pearlbear0 Y!:pearlbear9 ICQ:129250575