[Courses] Re: [Grrls-only] business course?

Michelle Murrain tech at murrain.net
Mon Aug 12 22:31:06 EST 2002

At 4:53 PM +0000 8/12/02, Carla Schroder wrote:
>There's been several good threads on job hunting and surviving in adult
>daycare^H^H^H^H^Hcorporate-land. I wonder if there is any interest in a
>course on running a business? I've been successfully self-employed all my
>working life, and there are other business owners on Chix who doubtless have
>good knowledge to share.
>
>Running a business scares a lot of people, and it shouldn't. It's way more
>fun and rewarding than working for someone else, and for me has
>meant a better income.
>
>I'm thinking a few posts discussing resources, howtos, and pitfalls might be
>useful. Let me know, I'll be glad to get the ball rolling.

As a business owner myself (now solo, but I've also done the
small-business-with-employees-thing too), I'd be glad to chime in.

But a question - is this better as a course, or as a spin-off chix list?
--
.Michelle

Michelle Murrain, Technology Consulting
tech at murrain.net     http://www.murrain.net
413-253-2874 ph
413-222-6350 cell
413-825-0288 fax
AIM:pearlbear0 Y!:pearlbear9 ICQ:129250575