[Courses] [Basics] Dear participants...

Ms. Piglet listpig at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 7 03:55:17 EST 2002

I want first of all to learn to understand things well enough to port them
(there are things I think should be in OS X that aren't, which should be
fixable.....<g>)

Second of all, being prepared to do a bit of writing if I go looking for
something to port and find it doesn't exist......in other words, no specific
item.

On the other hand, one area in which *nix is sadly lacking is a truly user
friendly genealogy program---I talk to any number of genealogists who won't
switch to *nix for that very reason.

(The closest thing there is to one is a program called LifeLines, but to
edit the data you have to work with the database directly, rather than with
a user interface inside LifeLines itself.....which isn't remotely
competitive with what's available for Win/Mac boxen.)

--pig

On 4/6/02 6:12 AM,  <skh at gmx.com> shared this thought: