[Announce] AdaCamp DC applications close tomorrow (June 22)

Mary Gardiner mary at adainitiative.org
Fri Jun 22 09:39:13 UTC 2012

Tomorrow (Friday June 22) is the *final* application deadline to attend AdaCamp
DC <http://dc.adacamp.org/>. Applications are open to people from any
region, but we especially encourage people from Washington DC and
surrounding areas to apply to attend <http://dc.adacamp.org/apply/> and
take advantage of their local AdaCamp.

AdaCamp is a Ada Initiative <http://adainitiative.org/> event focused on
increasing women’s participation in open technology and culture. AdaCamp
brings together people to build community, discuss issues women have in
common across open technology and culture fields, and find ways to address
them.

*We encourage applications from people who consider themselves
"non-technical" or not technical enough*. We found that many people assume
that AdaCamp is only for coders or computer experts, which is definitely
not the case!

AdaCamp DC <http://dc.adacamp.org/> is a 150-200 person unconference in
Washington, D.C. on July 10-11, 2012. It is co-located with Wikimania
2012<http://wikimania2012.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page>,
the global conference for Wikipedia and related Wiki projects. The best way
to learn what the event will be like and who you will meet there is to meet
some of the DC AdaCampers on our
blog!<http://adainitiative.org/tag/meet-an-adacamper/>
------------------------------

*The Ada Initiative thanks our AdaCamp DC sponsors for making the event
possible.*

Thank you to our Gold level sponsor the Wikimedia
Foundation<http://wikimediafoundation.org>
.

Thank you to our Silver level sponsors: the Linux
Foundation<http://linuxfoundation.org>,
Intel <http://intel.com>, Facebook <http://facebook.com>, Red
Hat<http://redhat.com>,
Collabora <http://collabora.com> and Yammer <http://yammer.com>.