[Announce] LinuxCon wants you!

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Sun Apr 11 17:39:39 UTC 2010

I've been talking to some of the organizers of LinuxCon, and they are
very interested in making sure that all women in the Linux community
feel encouraged to submit a CFP to speak at LinuxCon.    So if you
weren't sure if LinuxCon was right for you or your friends, consider
this your personal invitation, and get those proposals in ASAP!

---

We'd like to encourage all women in the Linux community to submit a
proposal to speak at LinuxCon, the industry's premiere Linux conference.
  While our CFP has closed officially, we still have it open to receive
last minute submissions.

LinuxCon 2010 is taking place August 10-12 in Boston, MA and  will bring
together the best and brightest that the Linux community has to offer,
including core developers, administrators, end users, community managers
and industry experts.  LinuxCon provides an unmatched collaboration and
education space for all matters Linux. With a wide range of speakers and
attendees, LinuxCon offers a unique conference experience that
encourages collaboration, progress and interaction. We invite you to
share your ideas and experiences with the Linux community by submitting
proposals for presentations, tutorials, birds of a feather sessions,
panels, lightning sessions and workgroups.

http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linuxcon/cfp

---

The link will say that applications are closed, but apparently you can
still send them in and they will be accepted.

  Terri