[Announce] linux.conf.au 2010 haecksen miniconf submissions now open

Mary Gardiner mary at puzzling.org
Mon Sep 21 00:32:43 UTC 2009

This miniconf is primarily organised by members of linuxchix.org.nz -
people who play and work with linux. However, this does not reflect the
true range of women who are working and playing with all sorts of
technology in Australasia and the Pacific: smart crafters, OLPC
volunteers and, of course, many FLOSS contributers. We chose haecksen -
the German feminine for "hacker" as a way to reflect this diversity and
engagement with technology.

We would like to ensure a mix of listening and participating. As such,
if anyone is interested in running a panel or discussion we would like
to encourage them to submit.

Suggested topics include: systems administration, networking, smart
crafting, usability, cloud computing, professional development, the
loyalty tax, community involvement, imposter syndrome, virtual servers,
security, social engineering, hardware hacking, submitting your first
patch.

First time speakers are also encouraged to submit.

The CFP closes at midnight Sunday October 18, 2009.

The miniconf will be held at LCA2010 in Wellington, New Zealand, on
Monday January 18, 2010.

http://haecksen.org.nz/ for info about the miniconf.

http://haecksen.org.nz/node/add/miniconfsubmission for submissions.

-Mary