[Announce] PHOENIX Linux USER Group PLUG August Security Test Team Takes on Puppet August 8, 2009 The Foundation for Blind Children

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Sat Jul 11 15:21:33 UTC 2009

8/08/2009 10:00AM - 1:00PM

August's HackFest Lab at the Foundation for Blind Children will center
around puppet.

We will have a one-ish hour of presentation, a puppet test lab
including a fully fleshed out securely setup puppet.
We will take some fest time to show how easy it is to pull strings,
maintain configurations and standards in any network comprising two or
more systems.

Please see http://www.linuxgazette.com July "Layer 8 Linux Security"
article for the lab presentation materials.

Bring your recipes to wow us, since all PLUG events are full duplex,
allowing for individual expansion and enrichment as we follow our
critical thought, rarely constrained by anything but time.

Dennis Kibbe Adjunct Faculty at Mesa Community College, and regular
"iconic" figure at the local InstallFests will be our Special Guest
FLAG, appearing with his exceedingly clean, carefully configured and
sticker decorated laptop, in immaculate geek shirt.
Following our acceptable use guidelines (to announce any and every
flag), you can social engineer, attempt to exploit services, and/or do
anything else you might think of to this FLAG during our 3 hour Puppet
theatre session.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/denniskibbe

Network and other facilities generously provided by the Foundation for
Blind Children.
http://www.seeitourway.org/contactUs.html

There is an open call for presentations and participants. Take the
black pill and leave forever the Security Matrix; HackFest with PLUG!

Everything starts at around 10:00 and should break down around 13:00!

Map: http://www.google.com/maps?q=1224+Northern,+Phoenix,+AZ

http://plug.phoenix.az.us/node/659

--
(623)239-3392 Skype: obn0sis