[Announce] AussieChix microconference in Sydney and Melbourne: October 25 2008

Mary Gardiner mary at puzzling.org
Tue Sep 16 07:02:07 UTC 2008

AussieChix aims to help women in the Australian Free Software community
participate in the wider community, and one of the ways we'd like to do
so is to give women more speaking experience and confidence. Therefore,
we have organised an informal speaking event for October 2008: an
AussieChix microconference.

== Date and time ==

Saturday October 25, 2008, from 10:30am to 5:00pm. Dinner will follow
the event in both locations, details will be announced later.

== Location ==

The microconference will be hosted by Google Australia in Sydney and
Melbourne, with a video conference link-up between the two.

Sydney location: Tower 1, Darling Park, 201 Sussex St, Sydney

Melbourne location: Rialto South Tower, Level 27, 525 Collins Street,
Melbourne

Thank you to Google Australia for both venues, and for catering on the
day.

== Attendance ==

Admission is free. Please register for the event at
http://conf.au.linuxchix.org/register-microconference

Attendance at the event is limited by venue capacity. Please note that
if we aren't able to accommodate everyone, we will give preference to
female attendees, particularly to those willing to speak or volunteer at
the event. Should this be the case, we will notify you at least one week
before the event.

== Event details ==

All attendees are encouraged to consider speaking at this event.
Attendees will have the opportunity to put their names down for
half-hour talks, fifteen minute talks, and five minute "lightning
talks".

Presenters are free to use PDF, OpenOffice or similar presentation tools
(projection facilities will be provided) or to speak extemporaneously.

Attendees are asked to observe the LinuxChix code at this event: be
polite, be helpful.

== More information ==

More information is available at
http://conf.au.linuxchix.org/2008-microconference-sydney-and-melbourne
or contact the organisers (Alice Boxhall and Mary Gardiner) at
microconf-contact at au.linuxchix.org