[Announce] 5th Linuxchix Brazil Conference

Sulamita Garcia sulamita at linuxchix.org.br
Fri Aug 31 22:33:18 UTC 2007

Based on the encouragement and inclusion of women in the Free and Open
Source Software movement, but united by the ideology, Linuxchix Brazil is
a large and highly active chapter of Linuxchix.

Research done here in Brazil indicates that 64% of companies who use open
source solutions have turnovers in excess of R$ 1 million per year.
Research carried out by IDC[1] estimates that the market created by such
solutions will be around 35 billion dollars in 2008. So what are you
waiting for?

This year it is the turn of Brazilia, the capital of Brazil, to host the
5th Linuxchix Brazilian Conference. The conference runs from the 7th to
the 8th of September, and once again open source professionals and
enthusiasts will convene for two days of talks, tutorials and debates.

The conference will be held at the IESB University, where the attendees
will be able to freely choose among dozens of talks and mini courses. The
talks themselves covering subjects such as High Availability in
PostgreSQL, Wireless USB, KDE4, Slackware on ClassmatePC and many others.
Whilst hands-on mini courses include tutorials covering The Gimp, Shell
Scripting, Introduction to Programming and Making Packages for Debian. The
conference is itinerant, and each year we look for new chix and new
communities in different cities around the country. Look no further for an
event that has educated and entertained hundreds of people.

Our conference caters for students, IT professionals and Linux enthusiasts
alike. Subscriptions are now open, and more information is available at
http://www.linuxchix.org.br/.

[1] http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS8328766582.html

--
Brain: Prepare yourself for your 15 minutes of fame
Pinky: after that, can I have 15 minutes of macarena?