[Announce] LinuxChix Brazil has a new (and own) home

Sulamita Garcia sulamita at linuxchix.org.br
Thu Aug 25 21:51:07 EST 2005

LinuxChix Brazil has a new and its own server. With money we earn
promoting events for encourage women in technical field, we bought and
developed a Slackware box, where we can run several projects that we have
in mind. Some of them are working now: a wiki(wiki.linuxchix.org.br) with
a Women and Computers study; do you know that besides the first programmer
was a women, a women develped the first compiler, a women also was the
main developer of recursive functions concept? This study is runing by
Vanessa Sabino, please feel free to add informations to help this
research.
There is a LinuxChix World Map in http://www.linuxchix.org.br/worldmap/,
where we can see where are the Chix around world, and some directions to
inform and add new Chix in there. If you want to add your location, please
mail me.
We have a new layout, done by Renata Rocha, running in Wordpress, as you
can see in www.linuxchix.org.br. The old content(articles, lectures,
photos) is not completly transfered, but we are working on it. And
following the Linuxchix.org example, we are planning online courses, first
one will be about Perl.
Here in Brazil we have managed from some few to about 20% of attendees and
LUG users of women. Now we planning to help those women to become
developers intead just users, or provide some enviroment for those who
want to become a developer. We want to thank all Linuxchix.org support and
enviroment who helped us to develop this work.

--
"A little less conversation, a little more action please"
 °v°  Sulamita Garcia