[Announce] Real World Linux - free trade show membership

LinuxChix Coordinator jenn at linuxchix.org
Tue Oct 14 01:01:33 EST 2003

I've been told that Real World Linux will "enable your members to free
register to  the trade show by clicking on the link from your website to
ours.  This would entitle them to attend the Keynote Speakers, show
floor and opening reception."

Of course, to get that I have to give them a little bit of press. In
case anyone's interested, here's what their marketing team sent me:

(They sent it in Word format, bleargh, and it just crashed Evolution
when I tried to edit out some of the Word-specific  characters. I think
I've got them all, but sincere apologies if there's any artifacts left.)

INFORMATION FOR ASSOCIATIONS

Real World Linux Conference & Expo

Your Connection to Today’s Applications and Solutions

LINUX NOW!

EVENT: RWL04 IS THE KEY TRADE SHOW AND CONFERENCE IN Canada exclusively
dedicated to Linux and Open source Applications, Solutions and Hardware
for management and technology professionals in enterprise, SMB,
manufacturing, education, telecommunications, financial, government
agencies, life sciences – virtually all sectors.

Leading print and web publications for IT, Business, enterprise,
Government and Education are shouting headlines about Linux. Computer
technology has become an integral part of the infrastructure in every
business today. IT professionals and management are critically aware of
the high costs involved in implementation and maintenance of today’s
systems. Upgrades and licensing alone can cost you thousands of dollars
annually. Linux is recognized as a stable and secure operating system
offering a lower cost alternative.

Trade Show: 20,000 net sq. ft of exhibit space premiering the leading
companies demonstrating Linux and Open Source products and Services

Conference: 40+ Seminars and tutorials featuring renowned presenters
providing pertinent information required to understand and implement
Linux and Open Source.

Real World Linux Technology Hot Spots
RWL zeros in on the current technology hot spots for applications,
solutions and hardware.

Security Storage Network Management

Communciations CRM/ERP Web and Internet Services

Clustering Desktop

Data Management Applications and Solutions

LOCATION:  Toronto, Canada

VENUE: Metro Toronto Convention Centre – North Building – Hall A

DATES: April 13-April 15

Tutorials April 13, 9:00a.m – 4:15p.m

Conference April 14, 9:00a.m – 5:15p.m

April 15, 9:00a.m – 5:15p.m

Trade Show April 14, 11:00a.m – 6:00p.m

April 15, 11:00a.m- 5:00p.m

STATISTICS: RWL03 attracted 1,863 attendees in the face of opening a t
the height of the SARS crisis. Attendance for 2004 is expected to
attract 2,500 attendees who will attend a 20,000 net square ft. Trade
show and participate in 40+ industry relate seminars, tutorials and
keynote addresses.

WEB SITE: www.realworllinux.com

Jenn V.
--