[Announce] Private archives

Jenn Vesperman jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au
Fri Jan 11 12:40:21 EST 2002

On Fri, 2002-01-11 at 06:49, Linda Laubenheimer wrote:

> Can we *please* have *only* the TechTalk archives public, and the rest
> for members only?  You won't get candid discussion when it is searchable
> on google.  At least on usenet you can put an "X-no-archive:" header in!

Grrltalk, newchix and issues archives are now private.
I thought about it, then decided I didn't need to hear more discussion.
It's affecting some of us, techtalk is the only one where the archives
are generically-useful, so hell with it. I made the change.

Did anyone want one of the other lists made private as well? Volunteers,
coordination and chapters already are, AFAIK. I figured jobposts,
techtalk and announce could be public. I may have forgotten a list...

Jenn V.

jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au     http://anthill.echidna.id.au/~jenn/