[announce] Triangle (NC) LinuxChix meeting announcement

Caitlyn Martin caitlynmaire at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 25 14:05:25 EST 2001

Hi, everyone,

Triangle LinuxChix (Raleigh/Durham, NC) is back!  Thanks for all the
positive feedback, encouragement, and offers of help to make the chapter
a success.  I am really, really excited about this.

Thanks to some additional private responses and feedback I have
received, we are going to shift from the third Wednesday of the month to
the third Tuesday of the month as our meeting time.  If that presents
problems for anyone, please do contact me.  Right now I have to go with
the majority based on the feedback I have received.  Also, we will do
our reorganizational meeting at a restaurant, again by popular demand,
and move to Treybrooke beginning with the April meeting.  We will have
regular speakers beginning in April.

So here is the announcement:

Triangle LinuxChix reorganizational meeting
where:  El Meson (Mexican restaurant), 105 Morrisville Commons Way, off
Morrisville-Carpenter Road
when:  Tuesday, March 20th, at 6:30 PM
what to bring:  yourself, and lots of your good ideas
who:  anyone interested in Linux, Open Source software, or other related
stuff

Please RSVP to me by March 12 so that I can make arrangements with the
restaurant

I'll post another announcement much closer to the meeting date, but
please do mark your calendars now.  Directions are posted below for
those of you who like to plan things way in advance.  By the back way
(last set of directions) it takes 12-15 minutes from RTP, even if I-40
is a disaster.  It's also 10-15 from most places in Cary, and thanks to
I-540 being open all the way to Creedmoor Road, it's even accessible to
North Raleigh.

All the best,
Caity

Directions:  From RTP, Durham, Raleigh, Cary, Garner, Chapel Hill:

Take I-40 to the Aviation Parkway exit (exit 285) and go away from the
RDU airport towards Morrisville.  Go across 54, and across the railroad
tracks.  Aviation changes names to Morrisville-Carpenter Road at 54.
You will pass a fire station on your right, and then the Morrisville
Town Hall.  Make your next left into the new Morrisville Commons
shopping center.  The restaurant is towards the back, left of the
shopping center.

>From North/West Raleigh, North Durham, and other points north:

Take I-540 (the Outer Loop) south towards the airport.  Exit at Aviation
Parkway (exit 2) south towards RDU.  Drive past RDU, across I-40, and
across 54 and the railroad tracks.  Aviation changes names to
Morrisville-Carpenter road at 54.  You will pass a fire station on your
right, and then the Morrisville Town Hall.  Make your next left into the
new Morrisville Commons shopping center.  The restaurant is towards the
back, left of the center.

>From Apex, Green Level, South/West Cary:

Take NC 55 west to Morrisville-Carpenter road.  There is an airport sign
at the corner pointing to the right.  Take that right turn, go across
Davis Drive and a mile or so more.  Morrisville Commons will be on your
right.

Back roads way from RTP (if I-40 is a mess):

Take Miami Blvd. south, past where it becomes 54, past Wendy's on your
right, to the point where the road bends to the left.  There is a small,
unmarked road going off to the right across the railroad tracks.  Take
that, rather than bending left.  You'll be on Church Street.  Go right
past Treybrooke, where we used to meet, and through the older, downtown
section of Morrisville.  There is a stop sign at Morrisville-Carpenter
Road.  Make a right turn there.  Town Hall will be on your right, and
Morrisville Commons will be your next left.