[announce] Triangle LinuxChix meeting tonight!

Caitlyn Martin caitlyn at netferrets.net
Wed Jan 19 11:37:46 EST 2000

Hi, everyone,

The next meeting of Triangle LinuxChix will tonight at 6:30 PM, weather
permitting.  Our special guest speaker will be Andy Wilson, a graduate
Computer Science student at UNC, and he will be telling us all about IP
Masquerading.

For those of you who aren't familiar with it already, if you are considering
a high speed internet connection (ADSL, cable modems, etc...), one possible
use is to share that connection among the various computers in your home or
office.  It is also used as a security tool to allow a computers with a
block of internal IP addresses to communicate with the outside (public) IP
addresses on the net.

As always, we are meeting at the Treybrooke Clubhouse, 201 Treybrooke Drive,
in Morrisville, NC.  Directions and details are on our web site at:

http://www.netferrets.net/trianglelinuxchix

Pizza (from NY Pizza in Cary) and soft drinks will be available, and we
still have some Caldera OpenLinux CDs to draw for.  If you are coming,
please RSVP to caitlyn at netferrets.net so that we know how many pizzas to
order.  A contribution of $3 to cover the cost is recommended.  Everyone is
welcome, and we hope to see lots of you tonight.

Oh, and the current forecast is for the new snow to start around midnight,
so there should be plenty of time for everyone to get home safely.

Until then,
Caity Martin
Insane Chapter Organizer
Triangle LinuxChix