[announce] Triangle LinuxChix meeting - Wednesday 2/16

Caitlyn Martin caitlyn at netferrets.net
Mon Feb 14 17:19:36 EST 2000

Hi, everyone,

Just a reminder that the next Triangle LinuxChix meeting will be this
Wednesday evening, February 16, from 6:30pm - 8:30pm at the Treybrooke
Clubhouse, 201 Treybrooke Drive, in Morrisville.  Directions to
Treybrooke are on our website at:

http://www.netferrets.net/trianglelinuxchix

We have rescheduled the technical presentation on IP masquerading, which
was the top item on the members' wish list after our September meeting.
Our special guest speaker will be Andy Wilson, a PhD student in Computer
Science at UNC. His
self-description:

If you're into such things, I've been running Linux since kernel
0.99.14t, lo, these many moons ago. I'm a standard-issue computer
graphics PhD student at UNC.

IP Masquerading, in addition to being a security technique, is often
used to allow several machines in an office or on a home network to
share a single Internet connection.  With the advent of ADSL and cable
modems, I would think knowing how to set something like this up would be
really interesting to a whole lot of us.

Oh, and for our monthly bribe: we also still have some Caldera OpenLinux
2.3 CDs to give away, too!

Food and soft drinks, (please RSVP to me directly so we know how many to
plan for), and a chance to network with the cool women of the Triangle
Linux community!

I hope to see y'all on Wednesday night.

Regards,
Caity Martin
Insane Chapter Organizer and General Troublemaker