[announce] Happy Birthday LinuxChix

Deb Richardson deb at linuxcare.com
Mon Feb 7 13:41:48 EST 2000

Sorry for the cross-post, but...

I want everyone to know that today (Feb 7, 2000) is LinuxChix' first
anniversary.  On a blustery Sunday morning a year ago, I came up with
the idea, the name, and the original website for this little project.  I
registered the domain name, set up the mailing list (there was only one
then, not 10), and sat back to see what would happen.

And so much has happened.  The website has received over 700,000 hits in
the past year.  We're up to 26 LinuxChix chapters worldwide, and well
over 1000 subscriptions on the mailing lists.  We've also been mentioned
on Slashdot, ZDNet, USAToday, Playboy (yes, Playboy), WideOpen News, and
countless other web and print media outlets.  And so much more.

All in all, I'm incredibly happy with how the past year has progressed
with this project, and I'm sure that there are only more and better
things to come.  A million million thank-yous to everyone for your
support, help, and encouragement.  None of this would be possible
without all of you.

Woo!  I can't believe it's already been a year!  Tonight is definitely a
cheesecake night :)

- deb

deb at linuxchix.org