[announce] Next Triangle LinuxChix Meeting - 4/19 at UNC Chapel Hill

Caitlyn Máire Martin caitlyn at netferrets.net
Tue Apr 11 11:07:20 EST 2000

Hi, everyone,

The next Triangle LinuxChix meeting will be a week from tomorrow,
Wednesday, April 19th, from 6:30 to 8:30 PM.  Our special guest speaker
will be Sean O'Connell, and he will be giving us a presentation on FreeBSD.
 FreeBSD is the *other* free, open source, UNIX derived operating system,
and Sean will show us how it differs from Linux, how it's similar, and what
the advantages of running FreeBSD are.  I believe he will be showing us
FreeBSD neatly configured on a laptop, BTW.

As always, we will have snacks and soft drinks available, and plenty of
time for networking.  Our meetings are held at the Department of Computer
Science at UNC Chapel Hill, in classroom 14.  Signs will be posted all
around Sitterson Hall to guide you to the correct door.  Parking anywhere
around Sitterson Hall is OK after 5:30 PM.

Directions and further information are at our web site at:

http://www.netferrets.net/trianglelinuxchix

Please RSVP to Caitlyn Martin at caitlyn at netferrets.net so we know how many
people to plan for.

I hope to see y'all there.