[Actionchix] Concerning the Palm Pixi

Jane Andreas JaneAndreas at gmx.com
Sun Mar 18 23:05:59 UTC 2012

Hello Linux Chix,
On the Linux Chix LA site, I saw that you all had a Palm Pixi you were auctioning that was running Debian. I have since been tracking down info on that cute device and see that it comes with webOS. Do you know if your Debian installation was through a Chroot under webOS, or was it actually a reflash? Would anyone be able to tell me how to get Debian working on these phones? The price is considerably lower than before, and it represents a whole lot of computing power in your palm (600 Mhz ARM is nothing to sneeze at) for under 50 USD. I have also heard that a project called SHR runs on the Palm Pre phones and may likewise run with very little hacking on the Pixi. Anyone know about that? I ask Linux Chix because you are one of the few links that came up in a search for linux on the Palm Pixi. Hope to hear from you soon, thanks

-Jane