[Actionchix] *Vote: Linux Chix mag "audience", "title" and "motto" - Closes Saturday Sept. 15th

Tricia Bowen tricia.bowen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 16:04:34 UTC 2007

The ada programming language was named after Ada Lovelace, the woman known
as the first computer programmer. The language is still alive but maybe it's
not ticking as loudly as it once did. An article about Ada in the new mag
would be great. I am willing to write it, as long as someone with better
writing skills was there to edit it.

http://www.sdsc.edu/ScienceWomen/lovelace.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ada_Lovelace.
--Tricia

On 9/12/07, Gloria W <strangest at comcast.net> wrote:

> I like the way it sounds. But the name is unfortunately the same as an
> outdated programming language, which may cause the publication to be
> ridiculed before it ever gets off the ground.
>
> Gloria
> >> ADA -- A technology magazine created by the LinuxChix community.
> >>

> > Loving the name!!
> >
> > Isa

--Tricia