[Actionchix] Please *VOTE* - ChixBits regular columns - closes Nov. 30th

Isabelle Hurbain isabelle.hurbain at pasithee.fr
Tue Nov 20 08:45:04 UTC 2007

> The voting for the regular columns will be invalid unless more people
> vote.
>
> I'll set the closing date for Friday Nov. 30th to give people a chance,
> and to account for Thanksgiving holidays in the U.S.
>
> So far I only have _3_ votes including my own.

Sorry for not voting earlier. I just moved from France to Switzerland and
things have been a bit complicated!

>>1) How many regular columns should ChixBits have?  [CHOOSE ONE]

>>E) Other (specify)

How many as we can/find volunteers for.

>>2) Which columns should they be? [CHOOSE AS MANY AS YOU VOTED IN
>>QUESTION #1] - Also specify if you are volunteering for writing the
>>column on a regular basis.

I can't volunteer right now for any column because my life is kind of a
mess still to be sorted... :/
All in all, I don't see anything that I clearly do not want. Just a few
points :

>>- New Linux-based gadgets to watch out for.

I think this is needed because this kind of presentation is often
male-centric :p

>>- Column on linux Development Tools: How people are using these tools
>>and what projects they are using them for.

Needs too much investigation (aka too much work) IMHO.

>>- Look before you upgrade - share experiences on upgrades to bleeding
>>edge OS / software upgrades.

-
need to have at least one distro out for each issue, to test it, to have
problems with it, etc... too much work IMHO

>>- Internet safety & defending yourself (how to read email headers, how
>>to report abuse/harassment, etc.)

Need to be careful of not going too US-centric.

>>- What's wrong with this picture?  (An examination of something
>>non-female-friendly in IT, its impacts, advantages of changing,
>>disadvantages of changing, not a rant, but a balanced, logical
>>examination of several sides of the issue, more identifying and
>>exploring than requiring action - designed to make people think and
>>respect each other)

Maybe a bit too much for beginnings. Maybe later... but I believe this is
the kind of stuff that can make people uneasy.

>>3) Regular columns will be published whenever-ready,
>>non-regular columns
>>will be published quarterly along with the most recent regular columns.
>>
>>A) Yes
>>B) No, I have a better idea, it is (specify)

I do like this idea :)

Isa