[Actionchix] *VOTE - ChixBits regular columns

turtle dreaded.night.turtle at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 22:18:08 UTC 2007

1. How many regular columns?
No less than 4, no more than 8.  If you need a letter answer, then D
because it's in the middle, but really, any range of 4-8 is good.

2. List what they should be?

- Column on How-To: How to create your own blog/journal (web-enabled
vs not web-enabled), how create graphics, etc.
- A column that covers and lists women-tech events.
- What if?  (Short Fiction that explores the themes and spirit of
linuxchix, any genre: SF, historical fiction, memoirs, etc.)
- Fix it yourself - short how to on Linux utilities.
- Internet safety & defending yourself (how to read email headers, how
to report abuse/harassment, etc.)
- Monthly feature on popular applications that you maybe not know use
open source software.
- Braindumps - Neat tips/ short tricks in Linux/ programming languages
(Perl, OS).

I think that the "Coolest Linux art of the month - share art/themes."
Should be on our cover/front page and throughout each magazine issue.
If we have a piece of artwork that has cool aspects that would make a
good article, we should have an article accompanying it.

3. Quarterly articles vs. whenever-article-is done.
I think quarterly articles are more professional.  We could still have
'whenever the article is done' articles, but we should have a core set
of content that we produce on a deadline in a professional manner that
makes up the main body of the magazine.