[Actionchix] ChixBits progress and last Steps, almost there...

Isabelle Hurbain isabelle.hurbain at pasithee.fr
Wed Nov 7 10:20:18 UTC 2007

> Hey Chix!
>
> So there are only a few more steps before we start working on our first
> 'issue'!  I know the holiday season is close, so hopefully we can bang
> out the 'TO DO' list below before we all eat turkey and hibernate for
> the year  :)

Hello Rolla and thank you for this summary. Sorry I'm not very active at
the time being, but we're currently planning our moving to Zurich (next
week, and so much to be done!), so... anyway.

> 	** How about having an IRC meeting to discuss this?  Or any
> other ideas on how to make these decisions?

IRC meeting seems a good idea but may not be feasible depending on the
timelines. I'm on GMT+1 (or +2, I never know, and with all the fuss about
daytime savings... anyway, Paris timeline ;) ). But I'm doing my last day
at work today so I should be available almost anytime (except between 1AM
and 7AM here ;) )

> - Regular Columns: I will be posting a voting poll to ActionChix
> (possibly the last one?) for what our regular columns should be, taking
> in all the suggestions that have been offered in the discussion thread.

Great.

> - Register www.chixbits.com and figure out how it relates to
> magazine.linuxchix.org (i.e. will it point there? Or be completely
> separate? Or have logical links to the site?)

I'd go for pointing. Maybe a poll too.

> - Design, Editing and Translation Teams still need to fill out their
> 'guidelines' and 'how their team works'.  Take a look at the Approver
> Team page if you need inspiration.

Yup.

> We're almost there!  Once we have the process locked down, it'll be much
> smoother to receive, edit and post articles!  Imagine _finally_ having a
> non-gender-biased tech publication, run by women.  No more ridiculous
> misogynistic ads, young girls & boys will have role-models to look to,
> females will be more encouraged to show off their tech-pride, LinuxChix
> will have made their mark in techworld history...

YAAAAAAAY
it'll rock.

Isa