[Actionchix] Meta: need for wiki

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 19:09:03 UTC 2007

On 8/24/07, Akkana Peck <akkana at shallowsky.com> wrote:

> Selbak, Rolla N writes:
> > [ ... ] a Wiki model, in my opinion, is very light-weight and simple
> > when it comes to content creation.  And I like the idea of promoting the
> > 'final release' of things as a primary CMS item if needed.
>
> I haven't used wikis all that much (and I'm fairly new to Drupal, too):
> could someone clarify what the difference is?

To create a page on a wiki, all you do is type in whatever you want the URL
to be.  If it doesn't exist, it'll just go straight to "create this page."
This also works so that if you create a link from one page to another, if
the other one doesn't exist, the link is a different color (at least on
Wikipedia) and clicking it takes you to the "crate this page."

--
Mackenzie Morgan
Linux User #432169