[Actionchix] Brainstorm: Creating woman-friendly Linux on-line mag

Melissa Draper melissa at meldraweb.com
Wed Aug 22 16:01:33 UTC 2007

Mackenzie Morgan wrote:
> I just want to take a second to point out Scribus.  It's a FOSS Desktop
> Publishing program, so it should have all the stuff for getting things
> nicely laid out if there are to be PDFs available.

Yeah, I've used Scribus. It is good enough for most things but in my
experience, for a publishing suite it handles line-height in text really
really really badly, which is a terrible shame. Basically, if your text
is anything less than 12pt, it has huge gaps between lines, and if your
text is anything more than 12pt, the gaps between lines diminishes until
the text is stacked up on top of itself.

However, if you know how to fix this, please let me know. I'd love to be
able to use it more often.

--
Sincerely
Melissa Draper