[Actionchix] Brainstorm: Creating woman-friendly Linux on-line mag

Selbak, Rolla N rolla.n.selbak at intel.com
Tue Aug 21 19:57:10 UTC 2007

Hey Chix,

Since there are so many wonderful, talented writers in the group, and
since we already have linuxchix set up with a webserver, why not have
the on-line mag attached to the website?  (something like linuxchix/mag)

Suggested steps:

- Create a wiki where linuxchix can upload their articles and get them
proof-read/copy-edited. (I guess we could do a vote on whether later on,
we'd invite others to write or to contribute, even guys? Anyway, we
could vote later on this)

- The articles from the wiki will be collected throughout the month
(assuming a monthly pub. since we're all pretty busy being super Linux
chix with jobs)

- Once collected, there will be an appointed person(s) (maybe Isabelle
Hurbain?  You said you might have time?) or we could vote of course on
who this person(s) is?  Either way, they would use their favorite
editor, and put all the articles together, throw in a few images to go
along with the articles.

- They'd be a linuxchix-mag committee who would give the final
suggestions on the publication (or it could just be open to all
linuxchix, again, depending on who has the time), and voila!

Other notes:

- I'm not very good with the legal stuff, but we could even say it's an
'open source' mag since all the article submissions, editing and final
decisions would be made out in the open.

- We could over free advertising for any woman-friendly or woman-centric
folks so we can spread their word.

Of course, this is a high-level plan, there would still need to be a
process or two in place for this like format, content, etc.

Thoughts?

rs