[Actionchix] Volunteer Opportunities?

Mary Gardiner mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Sun Oct 8 21:35:45 UTC 2006

On Sun, Oct 08, 2006, Megan Kielman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to LinuxChix and new to Linux in general and am looking for ways to
> learn more about Linux and gain some hands on exposure. My primary
> background is in Windows and SAN Administrator and this year I started
> learning perl. Are there volunteer opportunities within LinuxChix or other
> organizations? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Megan,

LinuxChix itself does not have hands-on systems admin opportunities for
volunteers. (There are two reasons why not: the first is that there is
concern about allowing more than a small group of trusted people admin
our main server, and the other is that no one has ever volunteered to
set up one up and solve the trust issues, or set up other servers where
the trust would not matter so much. Someone could if they liked.)

For other organisations you'd be better off checking with the grrltalk
list rather than actionchix.

-Mary