[Actionchix] Website wishlist

chris lists at semioticpixels.com
Fri May 19 09:18:23 EST 2006

Hi Mary,

On Fri, 2006-05-19 at 08:24 +1000, Mary Gardiner wrote:
> No, we have very little automatic updating goodness like that.

Actually, I was suggesting that we make the announcements section of the
home page in the new site an aggregate. So the question I'm trying to
answer is how many blogs and users does the information architecture
*and* the blog product need to support?
> But
> you're right: an announcements section, a conferences section, and then
> an "all updates" section would make sense.
Good idea: Conferences *are* kind of date-based and people could write
up comments or link to their personal blogs where they've written about
a conference. A flickr feed would probably be fun too.

- What content goes into "all updates"?

So far, we're saying there will be a multiblog (or a single blog with
categories) for:
- Announcements
- Conferences
- All Updates (maybe a more descriptive name would help?)

I'm not sure about "Writings by Chix" and "Chix in the News": in terms
of content types .. I've been viewing "Writings by Chix" as more like a
bibliographic layout since that's how it is now. Will the content change
if it's a blog? Same with Chix in the News ...

Maybe someone interested in xml transformation would want to work on a
parsing script to feed the most recent post from "Writings by Chix" and
"Chix in the News" since we're probably only talking about making these
pages blogs for the rss feed.

Thanks Mary!
- Chris