[Actionchix] Moving to Plone

Val Henson val.henson at gmail.com
Thu May 18 15:25:52 EST 2006

On 5/17/06, jennyw <jennyw at dangerousideas.com> wrote:

> That's a great idea, especially for things like profiles. A lot of them
> point to web pages that no longer exist ... maybe we should have a
> default expiration on content like that.

Yeah, good point.  A proposal for handling this particular case: don't
import the Meet the Chix page, and have a discussion on actionchix
(maybe after the site has been imported) about what to replace it
with.

> But the FAQs and courses seem to be generally useful.

Absolutely.  When it comes to web content, I think the courses are our
greatest asset.

> > Another suggestion is, rather than creating an explicit style guide,
> > import a few pages of content in a consistent style.  This should
> > provide enough examples that the style will be easy to
>
> Good suggestion. That might work well for some pages.  For some others,
> it might be better to document why a certain choice of tags was chosen
> (which can also be a launch pad for discussion).   These may be for
> things like ease of use or accessibility. Knowing the reason for a
> decision might make it less likely that we'll lose consistency as we
> move forward.

Yeah, I think a combination approach is a good idea.

> Also, we'll try not to be too detailed with the guide ... it should be
> quick to go through.

Excellent, I agree completely.

It's so nice working with such a competent group of people. :)

-VAL