[Actionchix] HTML cleanup

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at princessleia.com
Thu May 11 06:27:05 EST 2006

On Tue, May 9, 2006 4:27 pm, chris wrote:
> Since this is a temporary fix, I would vote for not spending too much
> time on really old browsers like IE 5 on windows 2000. What do others
> think?

A month ago I was working in an office where IE 5 on Windows 2000 was the
only option. Many corporations still use Windows 2000 as the default
Windows version with this IE, so even though you are saying it's "really
old" there are still a lot of people using it.

I can't see how bad the problem is (no access to such a machine now), but
it probably would be worth making the page somewhat accessible on IE5. I
think focusing on as much accessibility as possible is important, which
also means we will have to test this in text browsers, with screen
readers, etc.

- Lyz (who once worked at a web development company that threw a party the
day they stopped supporting Netscape 4 - and rightfully so!)

--
Elizabeth A. Krumbach // Lyz at PrincessLeia.com
http://www.princessleia.com