Use of logos (was: Re: [Actionchix] linuxchix.org website redesign

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Thu Mar 30 13:30:12 EST 2006

On 30/03/2006, at 11:49 AM, Mary wrote:

> === Use of logos ===
>
> LinuxChix is currently without a fixed logo. Logos are being
> produced by
> LinuxChix members and there are some existing logos you can choose
> from.
>
> The logo you choose will be considered part of your design and it will
> be used in the evaluation. It's not a deal breaker though: the ability
> to replace the logo may also be an advantage.
>
> As many logos as I've been able to get hold of are listed at
> http://users.puzzling.org/users/mary/LinuxChixRedesign/logos.html

Originally, I only posted Trinh's logo for fun, as I thought the logo
had been decided. It was only a preliminary sketch.

Now it's being listed with the other available logos, I have asked
Trinh, and she is happy to release it into the public domain.

She would really like to see it used, and anyone is welcome to edit/
use it in any way. I have changed the original page to reflect this.

[Sorry to tell you this once you had put up the page, Mary, but I
didn't realize this would happen. However, the page showing the
artwork did say that if anyone wanted to use it, especially for a
women's computing organization, all they needed to do was contact
Trinh. I've done that, and the artwork is now public domain. :) ]

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)