[Actionchix] Logo idea

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Wed Mar 29 14:45:16 EST 2006

On 29/03/2006, at 10:49 AM, John W. Aldis wrote:

> Hi. I'm new here, but I've been following the logo discussion
> looking over my girlfriend's shoulder. I came up with an idea and
> she liked it and suggested I post it here.
>
> Caveat: I'm not a graphic artist, if people want to use this logo
> please could someone with some actual skill redo it. Other than
> that, you're certainly free to use them for whatever purpose you
> see fit, up to and including examples of how not to draw logos.
>
> I've put it on the web at http://hilbert.uwcs.co.uk/linuxchix.png
> in colour and greyscale. I tried doing it as a silhouette too, but
> it didn't look that great. I mention this in case someone else can
> make that idea work.

This is good, and simple and direct, an advantage for a logo.

Also, as my husband pointed out when we discussed this, Linux groups
usually have a logo that is some variation on Tux, e.g. VietLUG has
an unbearably cute logo of Tux in a "coolie" hat. ;)

So this logo follows that pattern.

There's a Tux gallery somewhere <rummages>, ah...

http://dmoz.org/Computers/Software/Operating_Systems/Linux/Tux/
http://www.tux.org/

Tux features in Tuxpaint, and GCompris: not easy to translate his
name. I had to go with « Thâch-x », hard to say, but at least it
transliterates the name.

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)