Moved to grrltalk (Re: [Actionchix] OLD old LinuxChix logo and Brazil)

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Wed Mar 29 14:40:56 EST 2006

On Wed, Mar 29, 2006, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
> so now we have to subscribe to one more list - i give up

Well, let's put it this way: the conversation is currently diverging off
into all kinds of talk about cultural meanings and cultural significance
and the ways women think and the ways they live and how images reflect
that. While that's a good discussion to have and interesting and so on,
it's not directly conducive to the work we're trying to do here, which
is to design and build a better site at linuxchix.org

It's *also* a discussion which, given that everyone will have an opinion
on it, likely to drown out the discussions here about things we are
doing for the site. That would be a disaster. We are on actionchix to
*get things done*. If thinky conversations drown out action
conversations, we're doing something wrong.

If at some point, there's work to be done, such as design of alternative
logos, or integrating current logos into designs, or that kind of thing,
it will go here.

So, you don't *have* to do anything. It depends on what your interests
are. If you're interested in the "rebuild/fix linuxchix.org" project,
stay right here. If you're interested in wide ranging cultural
discussions and comparisons and arguments... well, actionchix was never
going to be the list you were after.

-Mary