[Actionchix] Logo ;)

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Wed Mar 29 14:06:19 EST 2006

On 27/03/2006, at 12:37 PM, vid wrote:

> On 3/26/06, Clytie Siddall <clytie at riverland.net.au> wrote:
>> Hi everyone :)
>>
>> Before we decided to have a professional logo made, I mentioned the
>> need for a logo to my graphics-mad teenage daughter, and she did a
>> preliminary sketch.
>
> Clytie, she is really an excellent artist and should *not* give up
> drawing... ever.

Thanks, Svaksha, I've passed that on to her. :)

> Is it a hand sketch or a graphics program ?

Hand-sketched, using her graphics tablet. (They're expensive, but I
managed to find an older one on ebay. ;)

> Akkana
> had done a neat course on GIMP (its archived) last year, but I am more
> comfortable with pen/pencil and paper... using the mouse to draw like
> that is not an easy task.

No, maddening!

> She could go places if she keeps that up.

Yes, there are so many more opportunities in graphics nowadays. She's
interested, and she would be doing what she loves to do. :)

Also, if she doesn't get better enough to move around, she can study
and work, to some extent, from her computer. She's only able to
manage two subjects at this stage, via the Open Access School, but
one of them is definitely Art!

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)