[Actionchix] Re: OLD old LinuxChix logo and Brazil

k k.misfit at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 22:34:47 EST 2006

Hi,

I'm also part of  Linuxchix chapter from Brazil (AFAIK the most active
chapter outside the Internet boundaries), and I think it's important
that we come to an agreement on the Logo and maybe the layout design
(our local LUG is currently under redesign too, at
www.linuxchix.org.br), but, unfortunately, we have a big disagreement
on the logo part.

10 out of 10 linuxchix from Brazil so far voted to keep the "old" logo
in our chapter. I see 2 reasons for this: the cultural difference and
the intent of the group.

There are a lot of "serious" groups for women in computing like ACM-W
and the likes, however they have nothing to do with Linuxchix, that
was supposed to be a receptive group for girls of all sorts (including
the likes of britney-spears) and not a "girl-nerd" thing (the name
itself, linux"chix", is not serious at all, or is it?).

I agree with Sulamita that the suggested logo so far is too
"anime-like" and does not reflect at all our chapter here in the
tropical lands, so I hope that there will more less-geek logos for us
to choose from, if you all agree that we should not keep our chapter's
logo as it is.

Thanks,

Camila